Households' Activities In Informal Economy: Size And Behavioural Aspects (Ii)
AbstractUsing a Romanian household survey, the authors analysed the structure of households' income by sources (main job, secondary job, and informal activities), beginning by focusing on the data and methodological problems, certain clarifications being necessary. Afterwards, the size of informal economy and basic behavioural regimes, along with the growth of households' disposable income was estimated. The study permitted to conclude on the main reasons of the people to operate in the informal sector. Finally, based on the available data on the households' deciles relative to their monthly income, some conclusions to the year 2000 were extended and the shares of informal income within the ten groups of population were estimated. Also, by applying such methodology some comparative indicators between 1996 and 2000 were computed. * (The first part of the study was published in Romanian Journal of Economic Forecasting 1/2002. The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the ACE PHARE Programme. A draft of the paper was presented at the workshop organised in Bucharest at the end of March 2002. We would like to thank Mihai Regep and Nona Chilian for their research assistance).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
informal economy; estimation; personal income;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- O17 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Albu, Lucian-Liviu, 2007. "A model to estimate informal economy at regional level: Theoretical and empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 3760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.