Competitive Equilibrium in a Radial Network
AbstractIn a competitive market over a network with finite capacity, we can focus without loss of generality on simple allocations, where the net transaction over a link is equal to the gross transaction over the same link. If a simple allocation can be sustained by an equilibrium, then the allocation is efficient. If an equilibrium allocation is equivalent to a simple allocation and if the simple allocation is no longer sustained by an equilibrium, then the original equilibrium allocation is not efficient. For any efficient allocation, an equivalent simple allocation exists that can be sustained by a competitive equilibrium. Copyright 2003 by the RAND Corporation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The RAND Corporation in its journal RAND Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (Autumn)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rje.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hu, X. & Ralph, D. & Ralph, E.K. & Bardsley, P. & Ferris, M.C., 2004. "Electricity Generation with Looped Transmission Networks: Bidding to an ISO," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0470, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Holmberg, Pär & Lazarczyk, Ewa, 2012.
"Congestion Management in Electricity Networks: Nodal, Zonal and Discriminatory Pricing,"
Working Paper Series
915, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Holmberg, P. & Lazarczyk, E., 2012. "Congestion management in electricity networks: Nodal, zonal and discriminatory pricing," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1219, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Juan Escobar & Alejandro Jofré, 2010. "Monopolistic competition in electricity networks with resistance losses," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 101-121, July.
- Kim, Hyunsook & Kim, Sung-Soo, 2010. "The optimal fuel mix and redistribution of social surplus in the Korean power market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7929-7938, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.