Damage Measures and Incomplete Contracts
AbstractI present a model of two-party contracts that allows for incomplete specification of future states and actions. I examine various damage measures under the assumption that courts protect only reasonable reliance expenditures so that parties make efficient reliance choices. The expectations damage measure is preferred to the alternative damage measures no matter what the contractual terms are.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The RAND Corporation in its journal RAND Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (Spring)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rje.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adora Navarro, 2005. "Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) Arrangements : The Experience and Policy Challenges," Microeconomics Working Papers 21978, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Navarro, Adora, 2005. "Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) Arrangements: The Experience and Policy Challenges," Discussion Papers DP 2005-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Bernhard Ganglmair, 2008. "Breakup of Repeat Transaction Contracts, Specific Investment, and Efficient Rent-Seeking," JEPS Working Papers 08-001, JEPS.
- Fumagalli, Chiara & Motta, Massimo & Rønde, Thomas, 2009.
"Exclusive dealing: the interaction between foreclosure and investment promotion,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7240, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiara Fumagalli & Massimo Motta & Thomas Rønde, 2009. "Exclusive Dealing: The Interaction between Foreclosure and Investment Promotion," Working Papers 2009.120, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.