Reconsiderando la vocación económica de Zirahuén desde el valor económico del servicio ambiental recreativo
AbstractThis paper arguments and builds the social demand curve for the visit of Lake of Zirahuén, from which it follows the existence of demand for the preservation of natural resources that aims to change the production strategy according to other natural vocation and potential of this site of low-impact tourism. We obtain the economic value of the recreational space using the cost trip method that ranges between 26 and 29 million pesos. At the same time, the economic value of this site is calculated based on scenarios of social discount rate to period of 20 years ranging between 26 and 88 million dollars, according to preferences for conservation or resource use. In this sense underlying the need to change strategy development and build a productive vocation potential that can be sustainable of the basin.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo, Instituto de Investigaciones Económicas y Empresariales in its journal Revista Nicolaita de Estudios Económicos.
Volume (Year): V (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
environmental value; environmental amenity service; social discount rate; preservation and development strategies; sustainable development; economic aptitude;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mario Gómez Aguirre).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.