FX volatility adjustment for risk factors stimulation
AbstractThis paper discusses a class of methodological issues that frequently arise in risk management systems such as PFE and CVA engines. Simplified methodology and shortcuts come at a price, sometimes a steep one. To account for model deficiencies and a disconnect between the calibration and the simulation modules, a number of adjustments to the risk factor simulation procedures must be made. As an example, FX volatility adjustment for risk factors simulation is considered. The impact on counterparty exposure numbers is quantified.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 37 (2013)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
FX volatility; risk management; risk management system; PFE engine; CVA engine; FX volatility adjustment; risk factor simulation; counterparty exposure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.