An E.U.-wide passport for hedge funds
AbstractOn 5 June 2003 the President of the European Parliament announced that the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs had been authorized to draw up an own-initiative report under Rule 163 on the future of hedge funds and derivatives. The committee considered the draft report at its meetings of 10 September, 4 November, 25 November, and 2 December 2003; and on 15 January 2004 the parliament passed the new proposals to introduce an E.U.-wide passport for hedge funds. This paper provides an overview of the discussions that were put forward in order to achieve such an approval.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 10 (2004)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
Hedge funds; hedge fund regulations; Rule 163;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.