Getting Risk Governance Right
AbstractThis paper sets out the criteria that boards and supervisors should use to determine whether banks are governing risk correctly. First, boards have to set an overall risk target consistent with the overall return target. Second, the bank’s business model has to set a risk capacity and risk appetite that can enable the bank to meet its target for risk and return. Finally, the bank has to ensure that its three lines of defense (management, risk management and compliance, and internal audit) function well, both singly and in combination.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by EY Global FS Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1 More London Place, London SE1 2AF, UK
Phone: +44 20 7951 2000
Web page: http://www.gfsi.ey.com/
Risk; Regulation; Risk Governance; Banks; Risk Targets; Risk Capacity; Compliance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Shahin Shojai).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.