Monitoring the Lisbon strategy’s targets
AbstractIn this paper the monitoring of the Lisbon Strategy is analysed. In order to do that, in a first stage a summary of the Lisbon Strategy is made, with an analysis of its objectives, list of structural indicators and an overall evaluation. A brief summary is made on the relaunch of the Agenda and on its consequences on the reform of the Cohesion Policy. In a second stage, we develop an analysis of the structural indicators evolution against general economic background indicators both at cross section and temporal dimensions, focusing on economic growth. In this sense, the analysis made by the Commission is complemented with a discussion about the implications that the evolution of these indicators may have on economic growth. This would provide a richer explanation on the role that these aspects are having in EU development and growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional in its journal Investigaciones Regionales.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/ Viladomat, 321 entresuelo - 08029 Barcelona, Teléfono y Fax: + 34 933101112, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.aecr.org, Web Investigaciones Regionales: www.investigacionesregionales.org
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
Lisbon Strategy; European Union; Indicators; Economic Growth; Economic Development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O20 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berezi Elorrieta, 2011. "The Role Of Territorial Cohesion As The Basis Of European Spatial Planning," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1208, European Regional Science Association.
- B. Biagi & D. Lambiri & V. Royuela, 2006.
"Quality of Life in the Economic and Urban Economic Literature,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200610, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Dionysia Lambiri & Bianca Biagi & Vicente Royuela, 2007. "Quality of Life in the Economic and Urban Economic Literature," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 1-25, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo Ortíz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.