Hedging Effectiveness in Energy Market during Economic Crisis : Better Way to Integration
AbstractThis paper investigates hedging and risk management options in the energy sector. Energy firms tend to adopt risk management tools in order to cover their financial exposure. Taking into consideration that current crisis has a significant effect on their value; we check whether energy firms actually have better output when they use hedging tools. In order to measure the effectiveness of this strategy in the energy industry, we adopt Tobin’s Q methodology. The sample of this study consists energy firms on a worldwide basis. The empirical evidence of this research confirms that energy firms may avoid huge economic problems when they adopt risk management methods. It is better enery market integration.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 26 (2011)
Issue (Month): ()
Energy; Tobin’s Q; Hedging Effectiveness; Financial Crisis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.