Dynamic Comparative Advantages in the ASEAN+3
AbstractThis paper aims to investigate the dynamic changes in comparative advantage of the ASEAN, China, Republic of Korea and Japan (commonly abbreviated as the ASEAN+3). By applying statistical and econometric methods on Revealed Symmetric Comparative Advantage (RSCA) index, this paper concludes that there have been changes in the patterns of comparative advantage in the ASEAN+3. The increases in overall comparative advantage are encouraged by the higher increases in comparative advantage of groups of products that had no or lower comparative advantage in the past. The comparative advantage pattern of the ASEAN is becoming similar with that of Japan. However, there is no stationary level of similarity in the patterns of comparative advantage.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 24 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
comparative advantage; specialization and de-specialization; convergence;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.