CEEC Accession Countries and the EMU - An Assessment of Relative and Readiness for Euro-Area Membership
AbstractEastward enlargement of the Eurozone will result in transition economies sharing a currency with well-established market economies. We compare the suitability of the candidates relative to current members at a similar time before joining, as well as their readiness to comply with Maastricht criteria. Using fuzzy clustering and principal components, we assess patterns of convergence, possible inhomogeneities within the future Eurozone and create readiness and suitability indexes. We find the CEECs more suitable in terms of OCA criteria and more ready than some of the current members once were. Moreover, they are not found to follow distinct convergence paths.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 20 (2005)
Issue (Month): ()
EMU; Nominal convergence; Real convergence; OCA; Accessioncountries; CEECs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Itir Ozer & Ibrahim Ozkan, 2007. "Optimum filtering for optimum currency areas criteria," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(44), pages 1-18.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:44:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boubakri, Salem & Guillaumin, Cyriac, 2011. "Financial integration and currency risk premium in CEECs: Evidence from the ICAPM," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 460-484.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.