Convergence in International Output: Evidence from Panel Data Unit Root Tests
AbstractThis paper investigates international output convergence using methods of panel data unit root testing advocated by Im et al. (1997) and Breuer et al. (1999). Using quarterly data for a sample of OECD economies for the period 1960-98 on GDP differentials, the evidence suggests that power deficiency may be an issue where univariate ADF unit root tests find against convergence with respect to the US or Germany. However, while the Im et al. t-bar test offers strong evidence in favor of convergence, the Breuer et al. SURADF test suggests that this finding may in fact be driven by the rejection of non-stationarity in a small number of cases.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 17 (2002)
Issue (Month): ()
Unit Root Testing; Panel Data; Convergence;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aslan, Alper & Kaplan, Muhittin, 2008.
"Gumruk Birligi’Nin Firma Verimlilik Yakinsamasina Etkisi
[The impact of customs union on firm productivity convergence]," MPRA Paper 10597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aslan, Alper, 2008. "Türkiye’de Suç Oranları Sürekliliğinin Analizi," MPRA Paper 10610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Jorgen Lauridsen, 2004.
"Dynamic spatial modelling of regional convergence processes,"
Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 705-722, December.
- Lauridsen, Jørgen & Kosfeld, Reinhold, 2004. "Dynamic Spatial Modelling of Regional Convergence Processes," HWWA Discussion Papers 261, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Aslan, Alper, 2008. "Convergence of per capita health care expenditures in OECD Countries," MPRA Paper 10592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilles Dufrénot & Valérie Mignon & Théo Naccache, . "The slow convergence of per capita income between the developing countries: “growth resistance” and sometimes “growth tragedy”," Discussion Papers 09/03, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Marcelo Resende & Marcos Lima, 2005. "Market share instability in Brazilian industry: a dynamic panel data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(6), pages 713-718.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.