Stock Prices and the Exchange Rate in a Structural Model with an Application to the Case of France
AbstractThis paper investigates the relationship between stock prices and the real exchange rate suggested by some structural macroeconomic models such as Gavin. Adding stock prices to a conventional macroeconomic model allows us to examine the stock price-exchange rate relationship, and empirically variate system. French data are used to study the long run as well as short run relationships. The results suggest the usefulness of incorporating stock markets into such studies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 13 (1998)
Issue (Month): ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dai, Meixing & Sidiropoulos, Moïse, 1999.
"Politiques économiques et dynamiques du taux de change et du prix des actions avec effets de “pass-through”
[Economic policies, exchange rate dynamics and asset prices under the effects of &qu," MPRA Paper 14402, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2001.
- Sarantis, Nicholas, 2006. "On the short-term predictability of exchange rates: A BVAR time-varying parameters approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 2257-2279, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.