Economic Issues on Nanotechnology: An International Comparison and Results From Economic And Econometric Analysis - Questioni economiche sulle nanotecnologie: un confronto internazionale e risultati da una analisi economica ed econometrica
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to survey the current inventive activities in nanotechnology (NT) based on the analysis of patent application to the European Patent Office. The current status of NT around the world, the increase in NT patent over the last 10 years will be discussed together with a critical analysis on the effect on NT on work, employment and productivity. In particular, the first section of this article aims to analyse the progress of nanotechnology in various countries through an international comparison, by using as indicators mainly nanotechnology patents. Whilst the second section of the article critically analyses the results of the Freeman model (2006) on the effects of nanotechnology on work, employment and productivity, comparing these results with the opinions of other authors such as Stephan et al. (2007) and Hornyak (2006). The results are summarised under the following headings: Effects on Work, Employment and Productivity, Issues concerning Industrial Organisation, Patents,Regulation and New Products. - Il presente lavoro si propone di analizzare criticamente lo stato di avanzamento delle nanotecnologie (NT) attraverso una analisi dei brevetti presentati all’Ufficio Europeo dei Brevetti (EPO). In particolare la prima sezione dell’articolo analizza i progressi delle nanotecnologie in diversi paesi attraverso un confronto internazionale, utilizzando come indicatori principalmente i brevetti NT. Nella seconda sezione vengono invece analizzati criticamente i risultati del modello di Freeman (2006) sugli effetti delle nanotecnologie su lavoro, occupazione e produttività. Tali risultati vengono, tra l’altro, comparati con le opinioni di altri autori, come Stephan et al. (2007) e Hornyak (2006), per citarne alcuni. I risultati sono sintetizzati sotto le seguenti voci: Effetti su Lavoro, Occupazione e Produttività, Questioni di Organizzazione Industriale, Brevetti, Regolazione e Nuovi Prodotti.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 64 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Nanotechnology; International Comparison; Economic Effects;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.