Government Activity and Economic Performance in a Small Developing Economy.
AbstractThis paper develops a model that allows for a direct assessment of the relationship between economic growth and a wide selection of variables in the literature including the size of government. The model is estimated using time-series data f or the period 1972-1986 for the small economy of Barbados. Our results show that exports, capital formation and government debt have enhancing effects on economic growth in this small economy. Government size and special interest group activity are shown to have negative effects. We find some basic differences in the determinants of growth in a small economy and those established in the literature using more aggregate data. Our results suggest that the link between economic growth and government activity can to clarified further by disaggregating countries by size and level of development.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 44 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2-3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lisa Drakes & Chrystol Thomas & Roland Craigwell & Kevin Greenidge, 2012.
"Threshold Effects of Sovereign Debt: Evidence from the Caribbean,"
IMF Working Papers
12/157, International Monetary Fund.
- Craigwell, Roland & Greenidge, Kevin & Thomas, Chrystal & Drakes, Lisa, 2012. "Threshold Effects of Sovereign Debt: Evidence from the Caribbean," MPRA Paper 40936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.