Effect of Domestic Capital Formation and Foreign Assistance on Rate of Economic Growth
AbstractIt is universally recognized that income growth of a country is closely related to its rate of capital formation and foreign loans and assistance. This note attempts an empirical verification of this accepted fact based on a simple econometric study of the relationship between the rate of growth of per capita income of 58 developing countries and the per capita gross fixed capital formation and the per capita development assistance from developed countries. The results show that the effect of capital formation is not as great as is generally believed. Marginal output capital ratio is about 16 percent. The more surprising result is that forcing assistance has very small effect on per capita income. The paper lists several plausible explanation for this negligible effect of foreign assistance.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M.Yusuf Tashrifov, 2005. "Foreign Financial Aid, Government Policies and Economic Growth: Does the Policy Setting in Developing Countries Matter?," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec05-10, International and Development Economics.
- Anwer, Muhammad Sarfraz & Sampath, Rajan K., 1999. "Investment And Economic Growth," 1999 Annual Meeting, July 11-14, 1999, Fargo, ND 35713, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.