The Impact of Growth in the Tourism Sector on Economic Development: The Experience of Selected Caribbean Countries
AbstractThis paper empirically examines the impact of tourism expansion on the economic development of selected Caribbean countries. Through the use of pooled data, the paper finds that tourism expansion has exerted a positive impact on the economic development of Barbados, Antigua and Barbuda, and Anguilla. The application of the error-correction methodology, however, produced results which suggested that the agricultural sector has contracted as the tourism sector expanded.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vanegas, Manuel, Sr. & Croes, Robertico, 2007. "Tourism, Economic Expansion and Poverty in Nicaragua: Investigating Cointegration and Causal Relations," Staff Papers 7306, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Moore, Winston R. & Harewood, Leandra & Grosvenor, Tiffany, 2010. "The Supply Side Effects of Climate Change on Tourism," MPRA Paper 21469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arslanturk, Yalcin & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2011.
"Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in a small open economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 664-671, January.
- Arslanturk, Yalcin & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2011. "Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in a small open economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 664-671.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Abosedra, Salah, 2014. "The impacts of tourism, energy consumption and political instability on economic growth in the MENA countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 458-464.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.