The Role of Fundamentalists and Technicians in Exchange Rate Determination
AbstractA model relating changes in the exchange rate to the activities of fundamentalists and technicians is specified and estimated. The results show that both types of traders play a role in exchange rate determination and that fundamentalists play a bigger role. The results of model selection tests reveal that models based on the activities of fundamentalists only or technicians only are misspecified.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 53 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/10086 is not listed on IDEAS
- I. A. Moosa & N. E. Al-Loughani, 2003. "The role of fundamentalists and technicians in the foreign exchange market when the domestic currency is pegged to a basket," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 79-84.
- Robineau, François-Mathieu & Bessec, Marie, 2003. "Comportements chartistes et fondamentalistes : Coexistence ou domination alternative sur le marché des changes ?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10086, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.