The Role of Fundamentalists and Technicians in Exchange Rate Determination
AbstractA model relating changes in the exchange rate to the activities of fundamentalists and technicians is specified and estimated. The results show that both types of traders play a role in exchange rate determination and that fundamentalists play a bigger role. The results of model selection tests reveal that models based on the activities of fundamentalists only or technicians only are misspecified.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 53 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robineau, François-Mathieu & Bessec, Marie, 2003.
"Comportements chartistes et fondamentalistes : Coexistence ou domination alternative sur le marché des changes ?,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University
123456789/10086, Paris Dauphine University.
- Marie Bessec & François-Mathieu Robineau, 2003. "Comportements chartistes et fondamentalistes. Coexistence ou domination alternative sur le marché des changes?," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 54(6), pages 1213-1238.
- I. A. Moosa & N. E. Al-Loughani, 2003. "The role of fundamentalists and technicians in the foreign exchange market when the domestic currency is pegged to a basket," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 79-84.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.