Exchange Rate Economic Exposure under Collusive Pricing and Hedging Using Asian Currency Options
AbstractThis paper provides a financial engineering exercise for a specific form of exchange rate economic (competitiveness) exposure and discusses the hedging solution for this exposure. Specifically, it analyses exposure in a market where international competitors follow a type of collusive pricing behaviour, and derives the risk profile of this exposure. It then proposes a hedging scenario based on a portfolio of Asian Currency Options consisting of a 1:1 Bull Cali Spread and a short put. The practical implications of this paper are of interest to currency option traders who can launch new hedging applications of currency option portfolios, and to exposed firms facing this particular form of economic exposure.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 53 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Collusive Pricing; Asian Options; Bull Cali Spreads; Hedging;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F39 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Other
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bartram, Söhnke M., 2004. "The Use of Options in Corporate Risk Management," MPRA Paper 6663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bartram, Sohnke M., 2004.
"Linear and nonlinear foreign exchange rate exposures of German nonfinancial corporations,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 673-699, June.
- Sohnke M. Bartram, 2002. "Linear and Nonlinear Foreign Exchange Rate Exposures of German Nonfinancial Corporations," Finance 0207001, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.