Empirical Evidence on the Impact of Crude Oil Prices on Domestic Inflation: The Case of Ecuador, 1950-1995
AbstractIn this study, heteroskedasticity-corrected two stage least squares estimation is used to identify determinants of the inflation rate in Ecuador over the 1950-1995 period. During this time frame, Ecuador made the transition from an oil-importing nation to a net oil-exporting nation. Accordingly, there is a focus on the inflation impact of crude oil prices. The evidence suggests that the money supply, the exchange rate, expected inflation, and crude oil prices all positively impacted on inflation during the study period.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 57 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.