Application of the IS-MP-IA Model to the Slovene Economy and Policy Implications
AbstractThis article extends the IS-MP-IA model (Romer, 2000) and applies the GARCH process (Engle, 1982, 2001) to study output variations in Slovenia. Equilibrium GDP in Slovenia is found to have a positive relationship with real depreciation and the world output and a negative relationship with the federal funds rate and the expected inflation rate. The insignificant coefficient of real deficit spending suggests that the Ricardian-equivalence theory may hold for Slovenia. Although real depreciation is expected to help net exports, its relatively small value indicates that it would be appropriate to pursue a stable exchange rate policy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 58 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
IS-MP-IA; GARCH; real depreciation; expected inflation; budget deficit; world interest rates and output;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Szomolányi Karol & Lukáčik Martin & Lukáčiková Adriana, 2011. "Effect of Monetary Intervention in the Frame of IS-LM Model with Dynamic Price Adjustment and Adaptive Expectations," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(1), pages 47-57.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.