The Influence of the Ruble Real Exchange Rate on the Russian Economy
AbstractAn econometric study of the influence of the ruble real exchange rate on the Russian economy is considered in the paper. The research, based on a disaggregated macroeconomic model, presents a theoretical description of the three main sectors of the Russian economy. The most important result is that the current ruble real appreciation causes the real output decline in the main sectors of the economy. On the other hand, stable expectations of the ruble real appreciation lead to growth of the economy real output. The conclusions are confirmed by results of an econometric study based on the Engle-Granger cointegration analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS" in its journal Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 4 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/
exchange rate; macroeconomic model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000.
"Fixing for Your Life,"
NBER Working Papers
8006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aivazian, Sergei & Brodsky, Boris, 2006. "Macroeconometric modeling: modern trends, problems, an example of the econometric model of the Russian economy," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 2(2), pages 85-111.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2005.
"Contractionary Currency Crashes in Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
11508, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2005. "Contractionary Currency Crashes In Developing Countries," Working Paper Series rwp05-017, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584.
- Kravtsov, Mikhail & Burdyka, Mikalai & Haspadarets, Burdyka & Shynkevich, Natallia & Kartun, Andrei, 2008. "An Econometric Macroeconomic Model for Analysis and Forecasting of Key Indicators of the Belarusian Economy," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 10(2), pages 21-43.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.