Infrastructure and Growth in Developing Asia
AbstractThis paper applies two distinct approaches—growth regressions and growth accounting—to analyze the link between infrastructure, growth, and productivity in developing Asian countries. The main conclusion is that a number of countries in developing Asia have significantly improved their basic infrastructure endowments in the recent past. This improvement appears to correlate significantly with good growth performances. However, the evidence seems to indicate that this is mostly the result of factor accumulation, a direct effect, and that the impact on productivity is rather inconclusive.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Asian Development Bank in its journal Asian Development Review.
Volume (Year): 28 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Infrastructure; growth; productivity; Asia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barbara Kotschwar, 2012. "Transportation and Communication Infrastructure in Latin America: Lessons from Asia," Working Paper Series WP12-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Guia S. de Guzman) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Maria Guia S. de Guzman to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.