L’économiste et les confitures
AbstractThoughts inspired by a fable written by Georges Duhamel entitled "Les Confitures", on the difficulties encountered by economists responsible for performing cost benefit analyses as well as on their role in society. Réflexions à partir d’une fable de Georges Duhamel intitulée « Les confitures », sur les difficultés auxquelles se heurtent les économistes qui se livrent à une analyse avantages-coûts et sur les exigences de leur rôle dans la société.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Société Canadienne de Science Economique in its journal L'Actualité économique.
Volume (Year): 71 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (septembre)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul R. Portney, 1994. "The Contingent Valuation Debate: Why Economists Should Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 3-17, Fall.
- Thomas Mayer, 1994. "Why is there so much disagreement among economists?," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14.
- Charles Blackorby, 1990.
"Economic Policy in a Second-Best Environment,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(4), pages 748-71, November.
- E Kula, 1981. "Future generations and discounting rules in public sector investment appraisal," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(7), pages 899-910, July.
- Mayer, T., 1993. "Why is there so Much Disagreement Among Economists?," Papers 93-20, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Krueger, Anne O, et al, 1991. "Report of the Commission on Graduate Education in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1035-53, September.
- Markandya, Anil & Pearce, David W, 1991. "Development, the Environment, and the Social Rate of Discount," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 137-52, July.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-49.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1993. "The Search for Relevance in Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 1-16, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.