Research Collaboration and Publication's Citation Impact: Evidence in the Italian Biotech Sector
AbstractWe analyse research collaboration in the Italian biotechnological sector using bibliometric data. We build a database of all scientific publications of Italian biotechnology firms over the period 1990 to may 2006 and we provide evidence on the institutional and geographical nature of research networks, their evolution and their effects on paper's citations impact. The results indicate that the collaboration with foreign institutions and institutional diversity of collaborators is particularly important for the research quality of Italian biotech firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIE - Societa' Italiana degli Economisti (I) in its journal Rivista Italiana degli Economisti.
Volume (Year): 17 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:sep:wpaper:3_321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosamaria D’Amore & Roberto Iorio & Agnieszka Stawinoga, 2012. "Who And Where Are The Co-Authors? The Relationship Between Institutional And Geographical Distance In Scientific Publications," Working Papers 3_221, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche, Università degli Studi di Salerno.
- repec:sep:wpaper:3_322 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosamaria D’Amore & Roberto Iorio & Sandrine Labory & Agnieszka Stawinoga, 2012. "How Do The Institutions Involved In Scientific Collaboration Deal With Different Kinds Of Distance? An Analysis Of The Co-Autorships Of Scientific Publications," Working Papers 3_222, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche, Università degli Studi di Salerno.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SIE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.