L'impatto della politica regionale dell'Unione Europea. Uno studio sulle regioni italiane
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to provide a contribution to the debate on the effectiveness ;of cohesion policies in Italy. It focuses on the effects of EU spending on the convergence process across Italian regions from 1996 to 2007. The empirical analysis is based on a neoclassical growth model which is augmented by the amount of Structural Funds spent by each region. The results are as follows: if, on one hand, the EU funds have been distributed in line with the criteria of assigning greater finance to the more backward regions, on the other hand, we reveal that the beneficiary regions have managed these EU resources very differently. Finally, we show that the Structural Funds have contributed, although only to a limited extent, to reduction in the regional divide in terms of GDP pro capita, but they have had no impact on the dynamics of labour productivity
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIE - Societa' Italiana degli Economisti (I) in its journal Rivista Italiana degli Economisti.
Volume (Year): 14 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Aiello & Valeria Pupo, 2009.
"Structural Funds And Economic Divide In Italy,"
200914, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Aiello Francesco & Pupo Valeria, 2011. "Structural Funds and Economic Divide in Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa10p136, European Regional Science Association.
- Aiello, Francesco & Pupo, Valeria, 2009. "Structural Funds and Economic Divide in Italy," MPRA Paper 17853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- d'Agostino, Giorgio & Scarlato, Margherita, 2011.
"Innovation, Growth and Quality of Life: a Theoretical Model and an Estimate for the Italian Regions,"
31939, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giorgio D'Agostino & Margherita Scarlato, 2011. "Innovation, Growth and Quality of Life: a Theoretical Model and an Estimate for the Italian Regions," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0138, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Centorrino M. & Ofria F. & Farinella D., 2010. "Convergence and divergence processes between the Mezzogiorno and the Centre- North ten years after the adoption of the EMU," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 453-486.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SIE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.