The Effectiveness of Investment Subsidies: Evidence from Survey;Data
AbstractThis paper investigates the effects of investment subsidies on the accumulation decisions of a sample of Italian manufacturing firms. We use survey information on the subjective evaluation of the investment activity that the recipient firm would have undertaken, had it not been financed. We find that the effectiveness of subsidies to stimulate investment is limited. Without subsidies, three quarters of the financed firms would have carried out the same amount of investment at the same date; the remaining share of firms would have mostly carried out the same amount of nvestment in a future date.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIE - Societa' Italiana degli Economisti (I) in its journal Rivista Italiana degli Economisti.
Volume (Year): 12 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leandro D’Aurizio & Marco Marinucci, 2013. "Italian firms’ innovation strategies in 2008-2010," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 197, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Peter Bolcha & Alena Zemplinerová, 2012. "The Effect of Investment Incentives on Investment in Czech Republic," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(1), pages 81-100.
- Pavlina R. Tcherneva, 2012. "Inflationary and Distributional Effects of Alternative Fiscal Policies: An Augmented Minskyan-Kaleckian Model," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_706, Levy Economics Institute, The.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SIE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.