Relative Performance of Valuation Using Multiples. Empirical Evidence on Bucharest Stock Exchange
AbstractThis paper examines the valuation performances of seven multiples on a sample of BSE-listed firms. When industry membership is used as the selection method for comparable firms, the P/CF multiple leads to the best valuation performance. P/E, P/B, P/CF and P/TA multiples assure the highest accuracies when ROE is used as the selection method for comparable firms. In the case of both selection methods of comparables, the P/S multiple leads to the least accurate valuation. In this study, accuracy levels of multiple valuations are generally lower than those obtained using the same methods on more developed capital markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante in its journal The Review of Finance and Banking.
Volume (Year): 01 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Strada Mihai Eminescu nr.13-15, sector 1, Bucuresti, Romania
Web page: http://www.fin.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Selection method; capital markets;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dragota, Victor & Mitrica, Eugen, 2004. "Emergent capital markets' efficiency: The case of Romania," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(2), pages 353-360, June.
- Volker Herrmann & Frank Richter, 2003. "Pricing With Performance-Controlled Multiples," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 55(3), pages 194â219, July.
- Deloof M. & De Maeseneire W. & Inghelbrecht K., 2002. "The valuation of IPOs by investment banks and the stock market: empirical evidence," Working Papers 2002004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Cheng, C S Agnes & McNamara, Ray, 2000. " The Valuation Accuracy of the Price-Earnings and Price-Book Benchmark Valuation Methods," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 349-70, December.
- Ingolf Dittmann & Christian Weiner, 2005. "Selecting Comparables for the Valuation of European Firms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-002, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatu Lucian).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.