La disyuntiva no es pagar o sisar la deuda, es pagarla a sobreprecio o a un precio justo
AbstractThe article shows that the disjunctive stated by Hernández et. al. between pay or excise national public debt is not relevant. Discussion should focus on the current price that is paid for national public debt. Treasury is offering TES on the market at an interest rate much greater than DTF. This extra charge, besides is not justified, increases national debt. Current management of national public debt should be restated so that fiscal adjustment and economic recovery can be accomplished.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía in its journal Revista de Economía Institucional.
Volume (Year): 2 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (July-december)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
fiscal deficit; public debt; monetary policy; interest rate;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio Hernández Gamarra & Luis I. Lozano Espitia & Martha Misas Arango, 2000. "La disyuntiva de la deuda pública: pagar o sisar," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 2(3), pages 149-184, July-dece.
- Alvaro Montenegro, 2004. "Lectura de la estadística fiscal," DOCUMENTOS DE ECONOMÃA 003137, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
- Sergio Clavijo, . "Deuda Pública Cierta y Contingente: El caso de Colombia," Borradores de Economia 205, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.