Tiempos de incertidumbre. Causas y consecuencias de la crisis mundial
AbstractIn September 2007, a serious financial crisis became evident in the developed countries, due to serious mistakes in economic policy. Even against their own ideology, governments have not spared measures to reduce its effects, have failed to contain it, and it advances towards a global recession of uncertain depth and duration. The crisis has already changed the theoretical and practical paradigms that have dominated the academic and policy worlds in the last three decades. It will also cause serious effects in the fragile economic, social and political equilibriums of the developing countries, especially in Latin America because of its dependence on raw materials production, remittances and external capitals flows that are diminishing rapidly. The crisis will lead to a new state-market relation and to new paradigms with large Keynesian influence, and from this, will grow a new opportunity for Latin America, if it consolidates a new way of managing its economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía in its journal Revista de Economía Institucional.
Volume (Year): 10 (2008)
Issue (Month): 19 (July-December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
economic crisis; financial crisis; recession; economic policy; economic paradigms;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Friedman, Milton, 1966. "Essays in Positive Economics," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226264035, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.