The Costs of Inter-Firm Networks
AbstractScholars and economic observers suggest, almost unanimously, that inter-firm networks may possibly be a way to overcome the obstacles to the competitiveness of Italian industry represented by the small size of the firms. This paper points out that the same mechanism (i.e. the network) that favours cooperation among firms in achieving scale and scope economies and enjoying the benefits of agglomeration and information dissemination may have negative effects on agents inside and outside the network and decrease the static and dynamic efficiency of resource allocation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Inter-firm networks; Costs of cooperation; Public bad; Firms’ behaviour;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Domenico Scalera & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Do Inter-Firm Networks Make Access to Finance Easier? Issues and Empirical Evidence," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 25, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Alessia Amighini & Andrea F. Presbitero & Matteo G. Richiardi, 2010.
"Delocalizzazione produttiva e mix occupazionale,"
LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series
104, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Domenico SCALERA & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2010. "L'economia del Mezzogiorno. Nuova politica regionale, crisi globale e federalismo fiscale," Working Papers 337, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Alessandro Gambini & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2012. "Composizione e struttura di rete tra le societa' quotate in Italia," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 63, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.