The Social Consequences of the Crisis
AbstractA factor to be taken into consideration in evaluating the social consequences of the financial crisis and subsequent recession is the long-period trend to be seen towards increasing social inequality. In the case of Italy the data reveal symptoms of the social gap appearing even before the recent crisis, but growing inequality is by no means limited to Italy. Indeed, the trends towards inequality have led sociologists to abandon the image of confluence at the centre, putting in its place that of the social gap. The crisis of deregulation brings back to the fore the possibility of considering organic measures to relaunch the economy, and new agreements to promote social cohesion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Business fluctuations; Cycles; Income distribution; Welfare;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bagnasco Arnaldo, 2010. "The social Bases of Regulation," Stato e mercato, Società editrice il Mulino, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 3-32.
- Brandolini Andrea, 2005. "La disuguaglianza di reddito in Italia nell'ultimo decennio," Stato e mercato, Società editrice il Mulino, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 207-230.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.