Organizational Culture as the Glue between People and Organization: A Competence-based View on Learning and Competence Building
AbstractIs organizational culture a catalyst of competence development? This paper argues it is. The reason for this is that organizational culture fosters the process of learning and competence building and works as a glue between people and the organization they belong to. We employ a most recently developed approach belonging to market process theory, the so-called ‘competence-based theory of the firm’, to explain these causal relationships.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Zeitschrift fuer Personalforschung.
Volume (Year): 24 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- M53 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Training
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuhn, Katharina, 2010. "Unternehmenskultur als Herausforderung der Post Merger Integration," Ilmenauer Schriften zur Betriebswirtschaftslehre, Technische Universität Ilmenau, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre, volume 5, number 52010.
- Parent, Milena M. & MacDonald, Darlene & Goulet, Gabriel, 2014. "The theory and practice of knowledge management and transfer: The case of the Olympic Games," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 205-218.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.