The Next Step in the Evolution of the RBV: Integration with Transaction Cost Economics
AbstractThis essay addresses the role of transaction cost economics (TCE) in advancing the resource-based view. In particular, it is argued that TCE has the potential to remedy a number of weak spots in the RBV, such as the absence of attention in the RBV to the interaction between value creation and value appropriation. This and other weak spots in the RBV stem from not taking account of transaction costs to a sufficient extent. Integrating TCE with the RBV adds new insight into the analysis of sustained competitive advantage.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Management Revue - The international Review of Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 15 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J53 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Labor-Management Relations; Industrial Jurisprudence
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moldaschl, Manfred, 2010. "Reflexiver Theoriegebrauch: Zur Methodologie wissenschaftlichen Denkens," Papers and Preprints of the Department of Innovation Research and Sustainable Resource Management 12/2010, Chemnitz University of Technology, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Moldaschl, Manfred, 2010. "Das kulturhistorische Paradigma: Eine Anleitung zum Bau konsistenter Theorien der Innovationsfähigkeit," Papers and Preprints of the Department of Innovation Research and Sustainable Resource Management 10/2010, Chemnitz University of Technology, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Moldaschl, Manfred, 2007. "Institutional reflexivity," Papers and Preprints of the Department of Innovation Research and Sustainable Resource Management 2/2007, Chemnitz University of Technology, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.