Stakeholder networks of foreign investors in Russia: An empirical study among German firms
AbstractOne important success factor of foreign firms in Russia is the establishment of efficient networks with non-market stakeholders. Stakeholder networks may help foreign firms to obtain relevant information, accelerate administrative decision-making and reduce political risks. The objective of this study is to analyze the stakeholder networks between German investors in Russia and their socio-political interest groups. The study is based on in-depth interviews with the representatives of 3 German firms and 16 socio-political interest groups in autumn 2006. The results of a within-case and a cross-case analysis reveal that the development of stakeholder relations is important for the success of foreign companies in Russia. These may differ in size, intensity, density and centrality, depending on the industry and the particular socio-political issues these companies are confronted with.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 14 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Igor Gurkov & Vladimir Kossov & Sergey Filippov, 2013. "Management practices in Russian multinational subsidiaries: the Case of knauf cis," HSE Working papers WP BRP 13/MAN/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.