Macroeconomic Evolution in Romania’s Development Regions within the Current Economic- Financial Crisis
AbstractDevelopment disparities between regions and within Romania have existed both in the period before Romania joined the European Union and after January 1, 2007. This phenomenon has gained momentum because of the impact of economic restructuring, particularly in mono-industrial areas, whose population has been affected by unemployment due to closure of unprofitable state enterprises. Financial crisis and economic impact of accession on growth in the eight development regions of Romania in 2007 produced no changes in their rankings as the index of regional disparity, even though for some, its value has increased from 2006. This paper presents a comparative analysis of developments in macroeconomic indicators in developing regions of Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Pitesti in its journal Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
development regions; administrative-territorial structures; regional disparities; aging; educational level;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - General
- P25 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Logica Banica).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.