The reconstruction of historical national accounts: the case of Italy
AbstractThis paper reviews the evolution of Italyâ€™s historical national accounts. Their ongoing revision highlights methodological issues of general interest for scholars that use historical time series, and most particularly for scholars engaged in their reconstruction.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal PSL Quarterly Review.
Volume (Year): 63 (2010)
Issue (Month): 252 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Toniolo Gianni, 2003. "La storia economica dell'Italia liberale: una rivoluzione in atto," Rivista di storia economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 247-264.
- Stefano Fenoaltea, 1976. "Real Value Added and the Measurement of Industrial Production," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 1, pages 111-137 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felice, Emanuele & Carreras, Albert, 2012. "When did modernization begin? Italy's industrial growth reconsidered in light of new value-added series, 1911–1951," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 443-460.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2010. "Introduction," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 63(252), pages 3-5.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.