Do Better Political Relations with the USA Improve A Country's Economic Outlook?
AbstractRelations of countries with the USA could be considered as helpful in their quest for enhanced economic performance. Does an improvement or deterioration in relations with the USA bring significant economic and financial benefits or costs, in areas such as, trade, capital flows, remittances, aid, military expenditures, and education? The results based on an event study are very preliminary. Nevertheless, this line of research could be fruitful and may enhance our appreciation of international political-economic relations and the ability to build more comprehensive theories of trade, capital flows and the like.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal PSL Quarterly Review.
Volume (Year): 63 (2010)
Issue (Month): 255 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - General
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Kimberly Ann Elliott, 1990. "Economic Sanctions Reconsidered: 2nd Edition," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 82.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2010. "Confronting the financial crisis: surveillance and regulation," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 63(255), pages 295-298.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.