Les fondements microéconomiques de la persistance de l'innovation. Une analyse économétrique
Abstract[fre] Cette étude examine la persistance des comportements d'innovation des entreprises industrielles françaises entre 1986 et 1996. Nous trouvons que l'innovation est fortement persistante et que la nature de cette persistance dépend de la taille de l'entreprise. Alors que le modèle d'apprentissage est pertinent pour les petites entreprises, les grandes entreprises font reposer leurs innovations sur un modèle séquentiel d'investissement en recherche où l'apprentissage n'est pas significatif. [eng] The microeconomic foundations of innovation persistence: an econometric analysis. . This study examines the persistence of innovation in French manufacturing firms over the period 1986-1996. We find that innovation is strongly persistent at the firm level and that the nature of this persistence depends on the size of the firm. While learning-by-doing may explain innovation persistence in the small firms, the large firms exhibit a sequential model of formal research investment where learning-by-doing is not significant.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Programme National Persée in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 53 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/revue/reco
Other versions of this item:
- Emmanuel Duguet & Stéphanie Monjon, 2002. "Les fondements microéconomiques de la persistance de l'innovation. Une analyse économétrique," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 53(3), pages 625-636.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gallié, Emilie-Pauline & Legros, Diego, 2012.
"Firms’ human capital, R&D and innovation: a study on French firms,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/6962, Paris Dauphine University.
- Emilie-Pauline Gallié & Diègo Legros, 2012. "Firms’ human capital, R&D and innovation: a study on French firms," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 581-596, October.
- Triguero, Ángela & Córcoles, David, 2013. "Understanding innovation: An analysis of persistence for Spanish manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 340-352.
- Naciba Haned & Christian Le Bas & Caroline Mothe & Uyen Nguyen, 2012. "Firm technological innovation persistence: Organizational innovation matters," Working Papers halshs-00703289, HAL.
- HANED Naciba & LE BAS Christian & MOTHE Caroline & NGUYEN Thi Thuc Uyen, 2012. "Firm technological innovation persistence: Organizational innovation matters," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series 2012-27, CEPS/INSTEAD.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.