Recherche-développement, importations de technologie et croissance économique : une tentative de comparaison internationale
Abstract[eng] R-D, international technology imports. And economic growth. an international comparison. Luc Soete, Pari Patel. This paper provides an attempt at relating the output and productivity growth performance of the largest OECD-Countries to their domestic R & D — expen-ditures and technology imports. It is found that the way estimated R & D and technology (including also technology imports) capital stock influence output and productivity growth differs significantly between the various countries, and in particular that the output and productivity elasticities with respect to technology are significantly higher in the case of Germany and Japan and lower in the case of the U.K. [fre] Cet article est un essai pour relier la croissance de la production et de la productivité des plus grands pays de l'OCDE aux dépenses en recherche-développement et aux importations de technologie.. On trouve que le capital technologique contribue à la croissance de façon assez différente suivant les pays, les élasticités de la production et de la productivité étant significativement plus élevées au Japon et en Allemagne, et plus faibles au Royaume-Uni.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Programme National Persée in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 36 (1985)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/revue/reco
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amable Bruno & Boyer Robert, 1992. "R & d-productivity relationship in the context of new growth theories : some recent applied research," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9211, CEPREMAP.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro, 2013.
"Properties of knowledge base and firm survival: Evidence from a sample of French manufacturing firms,"
- Colombelli Alessandra & Krafft.Jackie & Quatraro Francesco, 2012. "Properties of knowledge base and firm survival: Evidence from a sample of French manufacturing firms," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201209, University of Turin.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro, 2013. "Properties of knowledge base and firm survival: Evidence from a sample of French manufacturing firms," Post-Print hal-00686007, HAL.
- JosÃ© L. GonzÃ¡lez-PernÃa & IÃ±aki PeÃ±a-Legazkue, 2011. "The impact of export-oriented entrepreneurship on regional economic growth," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1526, European Regional Science Association.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Francesco Quatraro, 2013. "New Firm Formation and the properties of local knowledge bases: Evidence from Italian NUTS 3 regions," Working Papers hal-00858989, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.