Advanced Search
MyIDEAS: Login to save this article or follow this journal

Contrats de mariage et régimes matrimoniaux

Contents:

Author Info

  • Anne Laferrère
  • Alice Barthez

Abstract

[fre] Contrats de mariage et régimes matrimoniaux . En France, 1 6 % des couples établissent un contrat au moment de leur mariage, 3 % dans les années qui suivent, soit au total 1 9 % des couples mariés. La fréquence des contrats augmente avec le niveau de patrimoine et varie selon les régions : le Nord et l'Est, suivis du Sud-Ouest, arrivent en tête. . Même si l'on ne fait pas explicitement de contrat, on bénéficie d'un régime matrimonial, celui de la communauté réduite aux acquêts : 89 % des couples sont dans ce cas. Parmi les couples qui font un contrat au moment de leur mariage, certains choisissent aussi la communauté légale ou un régime voisin (7,4 %), d'autres la séparation des biens ou la communauté universelle. . Ce dernier régime est rarement choisi au moment du mariage, sauf en Alsace : il est plutôt établi lors d'un changement de régime, après une longue vie commune, en l'absence d'enfant, et concerne 3,3 % des couples. La séparation des biens (6,3 %) est le régime traditionnel des milieux d'indépendants mais aussi, de plus en plus, celui des couples les plus « modernes », soit qu'ils soient jeunes, soit qu'il s'agisse de remariage, quand la femme est diplômée et/ou active : ils se rapprochent par là des couples non mariés. [eng] Nuptial Contracts and Marriage Settlements . In France, 16% of all couples draw up a contract when they get married and 3% do so in the years that follow, making a total of 19% of married couples. The frequency of contracts increases with the level of wealth and varies from one region to the next: the leading regions are the North and East, followed by the South-East. . Even if an actual contract is not drawn up, 89% of couples are covered by a statutory marriage settlement based on the joint ownership of property acquired after marriage. Some of the couples who draw up a contract when they get married also opt for a communal estate or similar settlement (7.4%). Others decide on separate ownership of property or community property. . This latter settlement is rarely chosen when couples get married, except in Alsace. The 3.3% of couples covered by this settlement more generally select it when there is a change in regime following a long period together without children. The separate ownership of property (6.3%) is traditionally elected by the self-employed, but also increasingly by the more "modern" young or remarried couples or when the woman is a graduate and/or working. This settlement makes their situation similar to unmarried couples. [ger] Ehevertrâge und Guterstand . In Frankreich schlieBen 1 6 % der Paare zum Zeitpunkt der Heirat und 3 % in den darauffolgenden Jahren einen Ehevertrag ab, was insgesamt 19 % aller verheirateten Paare ausmacht. Die Hàufigkeit des Abschlusses eines Ehevertrages nimmt mit dem Vermôgen zu und variiert je nach den Regionen : an erster Stelle liegen die Ehepaare im Norden und Osten Frankreichs, gefolgt von denen im Sùdwesten. . Auch die Ehegatten, die keinen Vertrag abschlieBen, fallen unter eine Gûterstandsregelung, nâmlich die der Zugewinngemeinschaft. Bei 89 % der Ehepaare ist dies der Fall. Von den Paaren, die zum Zeitpunkt der EheschlieBung einen Vertrag abschlieBen, wàhlen manche auch den gesetzlichen Guterstand oder eine . entsprechende Regelung (7,4 %) und andere die Gùtertrennung oder die allgemeine Gûtergemeinschaft. . Au3er im ElsaB entscheiden sich zum Zeitpunkt der EheschlieBung nur wenige Ehegatten fur die allgemeine Gûtergemeinschaft. Sie wird eher nach einem Wechsel des Gûterstandes, nach einem langen gemeinsamen Leben oder bei Fehlen von Kindern gewâhlt und betrifft 3,3 % der Ehepaare. Die Gùtertrennung (6,3 %) wàhlen zwartraditionell die Selbstândigen, aberauch immermehr "moderne" Paare, weil sie entweder jung sind oder sich wiederverheiraten, aber auch wenn die Frau einen hôheren Ausbildungsgrad besitzt und/oder erwerbstâtig ist. In dieser Hinsicht entspricht ihr Verhalten dem der nicht-verheirateten Partner. [spa] Contratos de matrimonio y regimenes matrimoniales . En Francia, el 1 6 % de las parejas establecen un contrato a la hora de casarse, el 3 % en los anos posteriores, o sea en la totalidad el 19 % de las parejas casadas. La frecuencia de los contratos aumenta con el nivel de patrimonio y varfa segûn las regiones : el norte y el este, seguidos del suroeste, encabezan la clasificaciôn. . Aunque no se haga ningûn contrato de manera explîcita, se suele beneficiar del regimen matrimonial, el de la comunidad de bienes gananciales : es el caso del 89 % de las parejas. Entre las parejas que hacen un contrato a la hora del matrimonio, algunas eligen también la comunidad legal o un régimen vecino (el 7,4 %), otras la separaciôn de los bienes o la comunidad universal. . Este régimen se elige pocas veces a la hora del matrimonio, excepta en Alsacia : se establece mâs bien cuando se hace un cambio de régimen, tras una larga vida en comûn, sin hijos, y concierne al 3,3 % de las parejas. La separaciôn de los bienes (el 6,3 %) es el régimen tradicional de los medios independientes, pero también, y cada vez mâs, el de las parejas mâs "modemas", trâtese de jôvenes, o de un nuevo matrimonio, cuando la mujer es titulada y/o activa : se acercan asi a las parejas sin casar.

Download Info

If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
File URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.3406/estat.1996.6144
Download Restriction: no

File URL: http://www.persee.fr/articleAsPDF/estat_0336-1454_1996_num_296_1_6144/estat_0336-1454_1996_num_296_1_6144.pdf?mode=light
Download Restriction: no

Bibliographic Info

Article provided by Programme National Persée in its journal Économie et Statistique.

Volume (Year): 296 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Pages: 127-144

as in new window
Handle: RePEc:prs:ecstat:estat_0336-1454_1996_num_296_1_6144

Note: DOI:10.3406/estat.1996.6144
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/revue/estat

Related research

Keywords:

References

No references listed on IDEAS
You can help add them by filling out this form.

Citations

Citations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
as in new window

Cited by:
  1. Luc Arrondel & André Masson & Daniel Verger, 2009. "Household Assets in France: Today, Yesterday, and Tomorrow," Economie et Statistique, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, vol. 417, pages 3-25, June.
  2. Arrondel, Luc & Masson, André & Verger, Daniel, 2009. "Le patrimoine en France : état des lieux, historique et perspectives," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5056, Paris Dauphine University.

Lists

This item is not listed on Wikipedia, on a reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.

Statistics

Access and download statistics

Corrections

When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:ecstat:estat_0336-1454_1996_num_296_1_6144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.

For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE).

If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.

If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.

If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.

If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.

Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.