Effect of Monetary Intervention in the Frame of IS-LM Model with Dynamic Price Adjustment and Adaptive Expectations
AbstractAn assumption that a central bank can influence the real interest rates is the object of our interest. In the paper we form and solve a model which corresponds to Romer´s (2000) assumptions. Our model is IS-LM augmented by a conception of price-adjusting after monetary intervention and inflation expectations. A monetary policy rule is derived from the model. Moreover, it offers a demonstration of economic behaviour by different economic assumptions of different economic schools, similar to one in the book of Heijdra (2002).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Politická ekonomie.
Volume (Year): 2011 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hsing, Yu, 2005. "Application of the IS-MP-IA Model to the Slovene Economy and Policy Implications," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 58(2), pages 167-177.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- David H. Romer, 2000.
"Keynesian Macroeconomics without the LM Curve,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 149-169, Spring.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2005:i:5:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
- Alessandro Vercelli, 1999. "The evolution of IS-LM models: empirical evidence and theoretical presuppositions," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 199-219.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.