The political economy of exchange rate policy in central and east european countries - sector approach
AbstractThe article solves the incentives to the different exchange rate arrangement choice during the transformation and integration period in the Central and East European countries. It follows with the analysis of the industry structure in these economies. It is discussed the existence of its direct and indirect channel of influencing the exchange rate politics. Article solves the hypothesis of interest group formation in regard to the exchange rate policy (the euro adoption) and the intergovernmental bargaining and the bargaining within the economy. The industry analysis results confirm the set hypothesis, in which the heterogeneity of industry structure explains the heterogeneous approach to the exchange rate politics during the transformation process in monitored economies. Finally, the redistributive change of Hungarian exchange rate policy is discussed in connection with the change of subsidies flow within the political cycle.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Politická ekonomie.
Volume (Year): 2008 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D79 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Other
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2009. "Interest rate transmission mechanism of the monetary policy in the selected EMU candidate countries (SVAR approach)," MPRA Paper 14072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajmund MIRDALA, 2009.
"Shocking Aspects Of Monetary Integration (Svar Approach),"
Journal of Applied Research in Finance Bi-Annually,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 52-62, June.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2009. "Shocking aspects of monetary integration (SVAR approach)," MPRA Paper 17057, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajmund MIRDALA, 2009.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through To Domestic Prices In The Central European Countries,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 4(3(9)_Fall).
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2009. "Exchange rate pass-through to domestic prices in the Central European countries," MPRA Paper 19282, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.