Oil and its position in the process of globalization of the world economy
AbstractThis study is devoted to analysis of different aspects of world oil market development and its role in further growth of individual national economies, especially in connection with the ever intensifying globalization process. The study shows individual aspects and parts of the oil market, be it production and consumption of crude oil, its territorial dislocation, including EU, and also an analysis of the impact that has the development of oil consumption on economical results of individual national economies. In the first place it analyses the connections with the growth of competition ability of companies. Further research is devoted to the establishment of crude oil price and to the most important aspects on which depends the price creation process. Supply and demand factors are also analyzed. The study comes to a conclusion that the biggest obstacle in using the crude oil will not be its availability, at least in the short run, but the ever fast increasing price. This high price will enable the use of oil only to such companies and countries that will be able to implement the oil in the production process with very high efficiency. Such conditions satisfy only products and services that are based on unique technical and scientific know-how, with high added value, or in such areas of national economies where the use of oil is unenviable.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Politická ekonomie.
Volume (Year): 2006 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B30 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D49 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Other
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010.
"Les effets des fluctuations du prix du pétrole sur les marchés boursiers dans les pays du Golfe,"
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010. "Les effets des fluctuations du prix du pétrole sur les marchés boursiers dans les pays du Golfe," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 945-959.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Julien Fouquau, 2009.
"On the short-term influence of oil price changes on stock markets in GCC countries: linear and nonlinear analyses,"
- Arouri Mohamed el hédi & Fouquau Julien, 2009. "On the short-term influence of oil price changes on stock markets in gcc countries: linear and nonlinear analyses," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 795-804.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Julien Fouquau, 2009. "On the short-term influence of oil price changes on stock markets in GCC countries: linear and nonlinear analyses," Working Papers hal-00387103, HAL.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Julien Fouquau, 2009. "On the short-term influence of oil price changes on stock markets in GCC countries: linear and nonlinear analyses," Papers 0905.3870, arXiv.org.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010.
"On The Influence of Oil Prices on Stock Markets: Evidence from Panel Analysis in GCC Countries,"
538, Economic Research Forum, revised Aug 2010.
- Mohamed El hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2009. "On the Influence of Oil Prices on Stock Markets: Evidence from Panel Analysis in GCC Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 2690, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christophe Rault & Mohamed El Hedi AROURI, 2009. "On the influence of oil prices on stock markets: Evidence from panel analysis in GCC countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp961, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mohanty, Sunil & Nandha, Mohan & Bota, Gabor, 2010. "Oil shocks and stock returns: The case of the Central and Eastern European (CEE) oil and gas sectors," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 358-372, December.
- Christophe Rault & ohamed El Hedi AROURI, 2009.
"Oil prices and stock markets: what drives what in the Gulf Corporation Council countries?,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp960, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mohamed Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010. "Oil Prices and Stock Markets: What Drives What in the Gulf Corporation Council Countries," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 122, pages 41-56.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010. "Oil Prices and Stock Markets: What Drives what in the Gulf Corporation Council Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2934, CESifo Group Munich.
- Park, Jungwook & Ratti, Ronald A., 2008. "Oil price shocks and stock markets in the U.S. and 13 European countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2587-2608, September.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2010.
"Oil Prices, Stock Markets and Portfolio Investment: Evidence from Sector Analysis in Europe over the Last Decade,"
- Hedi Arouri, Mohamed El & Khuong Nguyen, Duc, 2010. "Oil prices, stock markets and portfolio investment: Evidence from sector analysis in Europe over the last decade," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4528-4539, August.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi, 2011. "Does crude oil move stock markets in Europe? A sector investigation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1716-1725, July.
- Arouri Mohamed El Hedi & Jawadi Fredj, 2010. "Short and long-term links between oil prices and stock markets in Europe," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 817-828.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.