Generalized Coase Theorem
AbstractIn this article two original microeconomic models of an externality market are described: (1) model of optimal financial compensation of a damage caused by a negative externality in the economy with agents maximizing probability of their survival (generalized Coase Theorem) and (2) generalized model of optimal fi nancial favour for agents provided a positive externality. Results of the models are compared with the outcomes of the standard microeconomics of subjects maximizing their own profit.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Prague Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 2011 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Postal: Editorial office Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect and the Coase Theorem," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1325-48, December.
- Bernholz, Peter, 1999. "The generalized Coase Theorem and separable individual preferences: an extension," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 331-335, June.
- Graff Zivin, Joshua & Small, Arthur A., 2003. "Risk sharing in Coasean contracts," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 394-415, March.
- Shogren, Jason F., 1992. "An experiment on Coasian bargaining over ex ante lotteries and ex post rewards," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 153-169, January.
- Cooper, Richard N., 1995. "The Coase Theorem and international economic relations," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 29-44, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.