Selected Aspects of Grant Policies and their Impact on Institutional Development of Czech Sport and Physical Education. Trends
AbstractPublicly versus privately offered products (products and services) ratio has, for a long time, been an issue frequently discussed by economists. Another question usually arises simultaneously: what is the impact of this ratio on social efficiency of resources allocation and on social throughput and usefulness of placement publicly or privately offered products and services? Currently, opinions concerning these problems are polarised. In the Czech Republic, sport and physical education have a long tradition. However, standing between the private and public, this sphere has been undergoing major changes which have transformed not only the character of sport, but also the traditional conception of sport and physical education as such. One of the key issues having to be addressed is therefore the role of the State, regions and municipalities in the process of setting unified grant policies rules and the role of grant beneficiaries. Efficient and purposeful functioning of sport and physical education can be ensured only if clear grant policies are put in place.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Ekonomika a Management.
Volume (Year): 2008 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Postal: Redakce Ekonomika a management, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.