A Response to Gradual Globalization: Regionalism
AbstractThe process of the economic globalization limiting the autonomy of national subjects completed the disintegration of the Westphalian system. The rebirth of regionalism, as another phase of the world economy regionalization, is a logical defensive reaction. However, apart from the regional labour division, a new regionalism emerges, interconnecting even distant subjects. Next to the usual economic reasons, the new regionalism is motivated also by the strengthening of regional resistance. It is the strategy that plays a major role in the development of regionalism.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Acta Oeconomica Pragensia.
Volume (Year): 2008 (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Postal: Redakce Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F5 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.