Evaluating Institutional Performance: An Ex Post Analysis of Water Law in Colombia
AbstractIn recent years, there have been many changes in environmental law and policy around the globe targeted at improving both economic and environmental conditions. Policy makers and research analysts in many countries are interested in evaluating the success of these changes. Ex-post analysis may be useful in assessing economic and environmental performance. However, the methodology for this type of analysis is still developing. This paper presents one method for performing ex-post analysis using the case of recent changes in water law in the country of Colombia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Acta Oeconomica Pragensia.
Volume (Year): 2008 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Postal: Redakce Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.