Innovative service provision for the elderly: a European perspective
AbstractIn this paper, the major frictions that the twelve countries of the European Community face with regard to elderly care are enumerated and explained. The impact these frictions may have are briefly sketched as well as the type of innovations prompted, in part, by these frictions. Von Hippel's view on the emergence of innovation is being used to point out how Schumpeter's notion of 'creative destruction' can potentially enrich the European domain of public-services planning for the aged in the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pion Ltd, London in its journal Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy.
Volume (Year): 9 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.pion.co.uk
Other versions of this item:
- Nijkamp, P. & Rosdorff, S. & Wilderom, C., 1991. "Innovative service provision for the elderly : a European perspective," Serie Research Memoranda 0089, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laan, G. van der & Ruys, P.H.M. & Talman, A.J.J., 1990.
"Signaling devices for the supply of semi-public goods,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0008, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Laan, G. van der & Ruys, P.H.M. & Talman, A.J.J., 1990. "Signaling devices for the supply of semi-public goods," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153144, Tilburg University.
- Ruys,Pieter & van der Laan,Gerard & Talman, Dolf, 1990. "Signalling devices for the supply of semi public goods," Discussion Paper Serie A 326, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Bergh, J.C.J.M. & Nijkamp, P., 1990. "Ecologically sustainable economic development : concepts and model implications," Serie Research Memoranda 0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.