Tradeable permits: their potential in the regulation of road transport externalities
AbstractIn this paper the possibilities of using tradeable permits in the regulation of road transport externalities are explored. After discussing the theory of tradeable permits and some practical applications, we will identify a number of potentially promising applications of their usage for coping with road transport externalities. These include applications on the demand side (user oriented) and on the supply side (automobile and fuel industry).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pion Ltd, London in its journal Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design.
Volume (Year): 24 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.pion.co.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wadud, Zia, 2011. "Personal tradable carbon permits for road transport: Why, why not and who wins?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1052-1065.
- C. Robin Lindsey & Erik T. Verhoef, 2000. "Traffic Congestion and Congestion Pricing," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-101/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Charles Raux, 2002. "The Use of Transferable Permits in the Transport Sector," Post-Print halshs-00080454, HAL.
- Bristow, Abigail L. & Wardman, Mark & Zanni, Alberto M. & Chintakayala, Phani K., 2010. "Public acceptability of personal carbon trading and carbon tax," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1824-1837, July.
- Barter, Paul A., 2005. "A vehicle quota integrated with road usage pricing: A mechanism to complete the phase-out of high fixed vehicle taxes in Singapore," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 525-536, November.
- Erik T. Verhoef & Bert van Wee, 2000. "Car Ownership and Status," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-076/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Verhoef, Erik T., 2010.
"Congestion pricing, slot sales and slot trading in aviation,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 320-329, March.
- Erik T. Verhoef, 2008. "Congestion Pricing, Slot Sales and Slot Trading in Aviation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-030/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Nie, Yu (Marco) & Yin, Yafeng, 2013. "Managing rush hour travel choices with tradable credit scheme," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-19.
- Wu, Di & Yin, Yafeng & Lawphongpanich, Siriphong & Yang, Hai, 2012. "Design of more equitable congestion pricing and tradable credit schemes for multimodal transportation networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1273-1287.
- Bulteau, Julie, 2012. "Tradable emission permit system for urban motorists: The neo-classical standard model revisited," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 101-109.
- E.T. Verhoef & P. Nijkamp & P. Rietveld & T.R. Lakshmanan, 1997. "Benefits and Costs of Transport," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-084/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Rouwendal, Jan & Verhoef, Erik T. & Knockaert, Jasper, 2012. "Give or take? Rewards versus charges for a congested bottleneck," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 166-176.
- Yang, Hai & Wang, Xiaolei, 2011. "Managing network mobility with tradable credits," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 580-594, March.
- Claude Abraham & Alain Bonnafous & Daniel Chabanol & Marc Chabert & Yves Crozet & Christiane Dalmais, 2000. "Péage et financement d'infrastructures en milieu urbain - Lyon, les leçons d'un périphérique. Actes du colloque, 5-6 décembre 2000, Lyon (France)," Post-Print halshs-00200161, HAL.
- Ch'ng, Kean Siang, 2010. "Individual tradable permit market and traffic congestion: An experimental study," MPRA Paper 26638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kockelman, Kara M. & Kalmanje, Sukumar, 2005. "Credit-based congestion pricing: a policy proposal and the public's response," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(7-9), pages 671-690.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.